You're a Good Man Charlie Brown news & reviews:
- congratulations to the YAGMCB company on their multiple Tony nominations, including noms for performers Roger Bart and Kristin Chenoweth (yay!), director Michael Mayer, and a nod as best revival of a musical. The Tony Awards take place on June 6.
- check this out: NPR interviews kristin
chenoweth (thanks, rachel!)
- don't forget to pick up your very own YAGMCB OBC Recording, released tomorrow (Tuesday, March 9) on
- an actual new article: kristin chenoweth in the new
- great review by vincent canby from the new york times
- today's karen find: PBOL interviews kristin
chenoweth! - a yagmcb'er who definitely deserves more attention.
- an interview with anthony here (thanks karen!)
- wow, check it: the rosie show
already has YAGMCB pix and clips up on their site from friday's cast appearance.
- Broadway Reviews:
- HERE is a wonderful review from Talkin'
Broadway (i'm not sure what that is, but we like them), and this is an interesting
interview with b.d. wong on multiracial casting on
Broadway. (thanks, karen!)
- karen c. comes thru again: click for a
really great article about anthony from the associated press.
- this is a rather interesting article on cartoonist
charles schulz's views on all the broadway yagmcb hullabaloo.
- they keep rolling in: with thanks to nancy, here's yet another interview with roger bart in character as snoopy (you can read an
earlier one here.
- here's a great article from the new york daily news on
anthony and b.d. wong. and here's an article direct from new jersey about ilana
- here is my review of the yagmcb preview on
- this is exciting: marny was cool enough to send me a bunch of
her photos taken when she went to previews. i'm too lazy to make thumbnails, so here are brief descriptions and
- two things from the sunday NYT today (1.31.99): the ad for
yagmcb, and an adorable hirschfeld cartoon of the cast. thanks to mathgrrl for bringing these to my attention, since i forgot to buy a paper until about 5pm.
- article from playbill, the real paper
version, on the cast of yagmcb.
of the yagmcb cast recording the album, which is slated for release
on march 9.
- intrepid news reporter Karen C. tells me that ant's new movie man of the century won
the Audience Feature Award at the Slamdance Film
Festival. this means the film has a stronger chance of getting
picked up by a distributor for release in theatres. you can view a clip of the movie (including
anthony) here (thanks, gail!).
- article from the ny times on rewriting old musicals. includes
yagmcb and comments from michael mayer, but focuses mainly on annie get your gun.
- i'll be away thru the weekend (among other things, guess what i'm going to see...), but
here's a tidbit before i go: kumquat boy is reporting that the yagmcb
cast will appear on rosie on february 5!
- article from
Playbill Online on the start of previews. NB: they keep misreporting the actual opening, which is Feb. 4, and
not Feb. 11 as stated in this article. thanks (as always) to Karen C. for pointing this out to my otherwise dense
- here's a great article on anthony from instinct
- official word on the
yagmcb cast album. but we have to wait til march. something to look forward to in the spring.
- for preview
schedule and ticket
info in new york, check out spritegirl's page
- an article in usa today online
(and in the paper version, apparently), on revivials, including text about yagmcb.
- catching up time (e.g. posting stuff that i've been hoarding): first
(unfortunately), an icky review from the st. louis post-dispatch. don't say i
didn't warn you. and two articles about financial issues, which apparently
will not affect the broadway opening.
- here's a long article about director michael mayer that ran
in the sunday new york times not long ago. he's Very Busy.
- word on the street (why do i persist in using that idiotic and
irrelevant phrase? oh well.) is that the cast is recording the yagmcb
album on january 20 (so you can all sing along in your heads all day), for
release to the general worshipping public sometime around the end of
february (nope, march, see above link). my i'm snide tonite...
- happy new year! new st. louis
articles courtesy of the karen
c.-buzzline search and destroy cyberteam: one piece on michael mayer and the show in general, and
another on the amazing b.d. wong.
here's a third article to start off your new
- better late than never: another detroit article i
- hot off the presses: updated article from playbill
- with very special thanks to karen c.: yagmcb in
detroit (article and review), and a pretty long article and a review from the detroit free press.
- a non-yagmcb ant tidbit: man of
the century, an upcoming film anthony is
in, will premiere at the slamdance film festival in utah in
- As promised: Here's the transcript
of anthony being interviewed
on local Boston news on December 7.
- review from Variety - warning, mixed.
- official site!. great
photos & links here, plus ticket
info, schedules, etc.
- here's an interview with roger bart, who plays snoopy. it's
actually an interview with snoopy (bart in character). very amusing.
- cute: click here to see a poster. supposedly it was for a
cancelled Sacramento stop on the current tour.
just in: yagmcb
to take over noise/funk bway theatre
- Chicago Daily Herald
review. these reviews are kinda
repetitive, but i'm just going to post everything i find, k?
- Here's an
about Anthony and his artistic brother
- another local Chicago
article on anthony
- ok, click right here for my
of yagmcb, which i saw on 11.20.98.
- here's an article from Chicago
- a Chicago
Sun-Times review - just fixed this (1.23), the old link was dead, sorry!
- Chicago Tribune review of the opening
- a fairly yucky mixed review from some minor wire service. we don't
like them. except i agree that kristin chenoweth is awesome.
- here's what's alleged to be the only website following the charlie
brown tour. not much there yet, but presumably it will grow...
tour dates, courtesy of kumquat boy at ya think.
story from playbill online.
- an even
- and one
BACK to RENT Pages